Ignite Innovation, Enterprise and Creativity; Accelerate The Evolution of Sustainable Communities; Drive Economic Growth and Productivity across The Gambia.
The Gambia will be recognised as a world-class nation in which to invest, work, learn, visit, live and be successful in creating wealth to benefit all of her people and stakeholders.
Invest Gambia is a leader for developing economic prosperity. The institution has a “open door” policy in working with a range of public sector partners; voluntary and community organizations; and the private sector, to develop strategies and support projects that will help transform The Gambia’s economy.
Our main objectives are defined as follows:
- To further economic development and regeneration of The Gambia.
- To promote business efficiency, investment and competitiveness.
- To promote employment opportunities in the Gambia; enhance development and application of skills relevant to employment
- To champion practical initiatives that will bring about Trade and Industrial revolution in The Gambia; Invest Gambia will deliver this by strengthening the Gambia’s export/Re-export trade competitiveness.
- To be a major stakeholder in the deliverance of the Gambia’s Vision 2020; thereby contributing to sustainable socioeconomic development of the Gambia.
Thus, ensuring that the Gambia becomes a premier choice destination for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Africa.
The Invest Gambia's Economic Strategy:
Invest Gambia leads the development and delivery of the “Invest Gambia’s Economic Strategy” which has at its heart a vision that: "The Gambia will be recognised as a world-class nation in which to invest, work, learn, visit, live and be successful in creating wealth to benefit all of its people and stakeholders."
The Economic Strategy provides the framework, and defines the actions necessary, for the achievement of this vision. It enables Invest Gambia’s resources to be aligned with partners' resources so that at least $10 billion in total will be invested in the nation's economic development by 2020.
Furthermore, the Invest Gambia Economic Strategy also identifies a number of challenges that the Gambia as a nation needs to address in order to achieve our shared VISION 2020. These are grouped under four focus 'Areas' which provide the organising framework for our work and the work of our many national and international partners:
Invest Gambia's Four Focus Area's of Delivery
- Developing a Diverse and Dynamic business, trade and industrial base - supporting enterprise development and innovation base on free market principles, will secure our aim of attracting substantial Foreign Direct Investment into the country; thereby establishing, retaining and growing more competitive businesses in The Gambia.
- Promoting a Learning and Skilful nation - raising skills levels to ensure our workforce meets the needs of present and potential employers in the country and beyond.
- Creating the Conditions for Growth - securing improvements to the nation's entire infrastructure; transport, communication and property infrastructure to support the development of a diverse and dynamic business base.
- Developing Sustainable Communities in the Country - focusing resources in places of greatest need to ensure that all our communities enjoy a better quality of life.
These four focus areas are also supported by the need to:
Provide a Powerful Voice for the country: Communicating the Gambia's Strengths, Opportunities and Needs and to ensuring that they are clearly articulated and fully understood both within and outside the Gambia.
An overview of the strategic priorities for each area can be obtained by contacting the CEO's office, firstname.lastname@example.org